A little late putting this up but these are the tunes I was listening to in September:
Boston Bun- Get Into It- Starts off sounding like classic Trance track Nalin and Kane Beachball before going into a strong vocal house sound:
Altern8- Everybody (2 Bad Mice remix)- Released last year but getting a huge amount of attention this summer an old skl style remix of an Altern8 Classic:
Cadenza- People (DJ Zinc remix)- Zinc brings speed garage and old school jungle sounds to Cadenza’s latest with great effect:
You know the score, here’s the tracks i’ve been listening to this month.
- SG Lewis- Yours- Perfectly chilled and great for playing as a summer’s sun sunsets
2. Michael Mayer & Kolsch- With echoes of last year’s Four Tet remix of Eric Prydz’s track Opus this will be huge in Ibiza this year.
3. Mykki Blanco & Woodkid- Highschool Never Ends- Brilliant video for an R&B track which is both beautiful and layered and produced in a complex and diverse fashion. Not to everyone’s taste but should be huge.
4. Cadenza- No Drama- Further proof if any was needed that UK grime and rap is strong at the moment.
5. Usher- Crash- Possible the best pop song of the year so far? No doubt about that. Welcome return from Usher.